In recent years, J C Sum & 'Magic Babe' Ning have proven their
ability to stage magic-centric mega events that generate publicity, media coverage and draw audiences by the thousands.
Their distinct personalities and unmatched innovativeness have made
them the most sought after male/ female magic team in Asia to create
and execute turnkey magic-centric mega events.
J C & Ning have staged seven phenomenally successful
mega events since 2007.
Read below for information on:
The Impossible Journey -
Teleportation of 3 Spectators Over the Singapore River
On 24 Sep 2008 in front of
over 5000 people, J C Sum & 'Magic Babe' Ning cemented themselves as
Singapore's celebrity magic duo by sucessfully teleporting 3 spectators
across the Singapore River in 2.5
"THE IMPOSSIBLE JOURNEY" Singapore River Teleportation
You need to have the Flash
Click play to watch video
Or watch on YouTube here
"South East Asia's Biggest Magic Event" (Channel News Asia) was
presented by Central and is the first and only magic event endorsed by
the Singapore Tourism Board (STB).
This mega illusion was a key event of the Singapore River Festival organized
by STB, who organized this inaugural festival
as a highlight of the first ever F1 Grand Prix season.
The starting point of "The Impossible Journey" was 3 separate
teleportation chambers, each on see-through platform, atop a see-through stage
at the Central river promenade.
The entire stage and teleportation chambers were surrounded
spectators. The destination across the Singapore River will be the Read Bridge
almost 250m away. This is the large pedestrian bridge than connects Clarke Quay
with Merchant Court Hotel/ Riverside Point.
Check out J C's blog for more photos and background info on the mega illusion here.
The official video of "The Impossible Journey" mega illusion is now
Watch J C & Ning teleport 3 people across the Singapore
River in 2.5 seconds here.
The media generated from the mega illusion was tremendous, and has been
highllighted by dozens of forums and bloggers as well featured by
numerous media outlets:
with Magic Babe and J C Sum", RazorTV, 3 Oct 2008
- Lianhe Wanbao, 25 Sep 2008
- "新加坡河大型幻术表演 三人在数千人眼皮下消失" Lianhe Zaobao, 25 Sep 2008
- "幻术师瞬间传送真人 穿新加坡河畔" xin.sg, 24 Sep 2008
- Channel 8 News, 24 Sep 2008 (VIDEO)
- Channel 5 News, 24 Sep 2008
- "Singapore Tonight, Channel NewsAsia, 24 Sep 2008
- "Cool Jobs - Magician" - JobsDB.com, 24 Sep 2008
- "3 people to be teleported across the S'pore river in magic act", Channel NewsAsia, 23 Sep 2008
- Lianhe Zao Bao's "ZB Now" (Cover Story), 23 Sep 2008
- "Celebrity spotting" AsiaOne, 22 Sep 2008
- "60 seconds with J C Sum", IS Magazine, 19 Sept 2008
- "The Sum of All Illusions" (Cover Story), Current Events Issue 7.1, Sept 2008
- "Stuff I Love" The Sunday Times, 14 Sep 2008
- "Trick with Treats", The Straits Times LIFE!, 12 Sept 2008
- "The Bag Page", The Straits Times Urban, 12 Sept 2008
- "Magicians to make 3 spectators teleport across the Singapore River in 2.5 seconds", Lianhe Wan Bao, 9 Sept 2008
- "Magic Babe can't make her favourite gadgets magcally appear", My Paper, 8 Sep 2008
- "The Ultimate Hocus Pocus", KuPon, Aug - Sept 2008 issue
- "Muse & Magic" KuPon, Aug - Sept 2008 issue
- Hot Stuff Magazine
Singapore, Cover Sep 2008 issue
- "Magic Babe will make you disappear in 2.5 seconds", My Paper, 8
- "3 weeks of events during F1 race", The NewPaper, 24 Jun 2008
- "S'pore GP Season festivities will add to Formula 1 buzz", My Paper, 24 Jun 2008
- "Two illusionists for F1 event in September; wil teleport across Singapore River
in 2/5 seconds", Lianhe Zaobao, 24 Jun 2008
for fun", TODAY, 24 Jun 2008
activities planned for Singapore's first F1 race", ChannelNewsAsia,
23 Jun 2008
If you are a potential partner who would like to work with J
C & Ning to stage
a Mega Event in Asia, contact them at email@example.com